Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Revlon "Not Just Nudes" Illuminance Creme Eye Shadow Quad Swatches + Review

Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadow Quad in "Not Just Nudes"
 Another day, another review. I feel like all of my recent reviews have been products that were featured in my What's In My Travel Makeup Bag? post. Anyone else feel that way? But unfortunately (spoiler alert) this review does not end well. I wanted to like this eye shadow quad. I really did. But I just couldn't. 

Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadow Quad in "Not Just Nudes"
 The Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadow Quads are not a new release from Revlon. They've been out for a while but for some reason I was never drawn to them. Then, during my trip to Hawaii, Long's Drugs was having a sale on Revlon products and I was suddenly tempted to picked up a few of these palettes. I got one for everyday--"Not Just Nudes"--and one for a nice pop of color--"Wild Orchids". 

Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadow Quad in "Not Just Nudes"
 The quad comes with a dark shimmery brown, a matte warm medium brown (sort of reminds me of Soft Brown eye shadow from MAC), a shimmery light champagne, and a matte cream. So, it's a nice balance of matte and shimmer colors. Smart move Revlon. 

Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadow Quad in "Not Just Nudes"
Here are the colors swatched on the back of my hand. I was super impressed by the creaminess and blendibility of these shadows. Some of the shades (specifically the dark and medium brown) were a bit sheer when I first applied them but I found them to be very buildable. Applying these shadows was a piece of cake. However, it was later on in the day that I started to have problems. These colors crease like crazy. I tried wearing these shadows with a few primers (Benefit Stay Don't Stray and Urban Decay Primer Potion) but that didn't really seem to stop the problem. 

I found that these shadows don't ever truly set. So they stay creamy throughout the day and they shift and get smudged and crease. I have super oily eyelids and no matter what I did, I just couldn't get these shadows to last until lunchtime, much less all day. 

POSITIVES
-Creamy consistency
-Good pigmentation + blendibility
-Nice balance of shimmer and matte shadows

NEGATIVES
-Crease A LOT 
-Doesn't ever really set (stays creamy throughout the day)

The Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadows have a lot of things going for it--they're creamy, they have good pigmenation, they're extreme easy to blend. But they are not going to last all day. They crease and they fade and they smudge. It's just a nightmare--especially if you have oily eye lids. 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...