Sunday, October 20, 2013

MAC "Dark Side" Lipstick Swatch + Review

It's day two of my 13 Nights of Halloween series and I thought to myself this morning, what better beauty product to talk about than a lipstick called "Dark Side"? It was a match made in Halloween beauty heaven. This summer I jumped the gun a little early when I picked up this bold and very Fall lipstick back in July when I was visiting family in Hawaii. Yeah...I guess I was just really, really excited about Fall. 

MAC "Dark Side" Lipstick
 "Dark Side" is a super popular color both on and off the internet. Whenever I go to my MAC counter, the MAC girl always, always, always recommends this color. At first, I didn't even consider buying the color. It was SUPER intense and I didn't feel comfortable wearing something like that. But, as I've gotten more and more into makeup, I've become more and more adventurous.  And after watching countless beauty bloggers and YouTubers rock this color with confidence I began to wonder. Why not wear a super bold color? Who cares?

MAC "Dark Side" Lipstick
MAC "Dark Side" Lipstick Swatch
I will be the first to admit that the lipstick looks incredibly intimidating in the tube but it isn't quite so on the lips. It becomes a beautiful dark, purple-red color when applied. It is considered an Amplified Creme and has a super opaque but smooth formulation. On days when I don't want such an extreme look, I apply a light layer and it wears like a long lasting stain. "Dark Side" is a very popular shade but, as I've compared this lipstick to others in my collection, I've learned that it isn't very unique. I've compiled a list of a few drugstore dupes and, if you love this color but don't want to spend a lot of money, maybe wait and check out that post when I publish it in a few weeks. Maybe it'll be one of my posts for 13 Nights of Halloween? I don't know. Does it fit into the theme? Leave your thoughts in the comments below! I'd love to know what you think. 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...