Monday, September 23, 2013

Bath & Body Works "Spiced Cider" Candle Review

Bath & Body Works Spiced Cider Candle
I'm trying something a little different today. It's not the sort of thing that I usually talk about but I thought I would mix it up. Try something different. Sometimes its nice to talk about something other than hair care and beauty. 

School is about to start and that means that I'll be heading up to my dorm soon. The dorms have a strict no candle policy and so for the last few days I've been trying to get my candle fix before they cut me off. One of my absolute favorite fall candles is the Bath & Body Works scent, "Spiced Cider". I'm currently burning through my candle from last year but I recently picked up a back-up when I was shopping with my friends.  

Bath & Body Works Spiced Cider Candle
 As you can probably tell, Bath & Body Works has repackaged "Spiced Cider" and given it a shabby-country-chic look. You can still purchase the more well-known, sleeker packaging but I thought that it would be fun to be a little different this time. But then again, I think all of the newly released items from the Fresh Picked line are adorable. My sister doesn't agree with me. 

Bath & Body Works Spiced Cider Candle
 Here is what the lid looks like. It has that weathered metal look to it. Which is kind of nice because my other lids always begin to look so dingy with my finger prints all over them. I feel like I'm constantly cleaning them. But luckily, I won't have to with this one. I'm not quite sure why there is a picture of an owl (Anyone else notice Bath & Body Works obsession with owls? No. Just me? Okay.) but I'm just going with it. After all, I can resist this candle's simplicity, freshness, and goodness. 

Bath & Body Works Spiced Cider Candle
Bath & Body Works Spiced Cider Candle
When shopping at Bath & Body Works, I noticed that a few of my favorite scents smell a bit...different. Not bad. But definitely different. "Spiced Cider" happened to be one of those scents. My candle from last year describes the scent as "a delicious blend straight from the orchard that mulls three varieties of fresh apples, spiced with nutmeg and cloves". However, this year's candle encourages you to "drink in a delicious blend of apples straight from the orchard accented by traditional mulling spices and a touch of vanilla". 

The difference is pretty subtle and at first I thought I was imaging something. It wasn't until I came home and compared the scents that my suspicions were confirmed. However, the difference is even less noticeable when burned. I am a huge fan of the Bath & Body Works candles. They are super potent and last for hours. Plus, the glass containers they come in make excellent brush or pen holders wen you've burned up the entire candle. Everyone on YouTube and in the blogging world loves these candles and I'm no different. I actually really enjoyed taking pictures/ writing this blog post. I will definitively being doing more candles reviews in the future! I can't wait to share all my favorite scents with you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...