Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CoverGirl "Watermelon Twist" Jumbo Gloss Balm Swatch + Review

After being so disappointed the new CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in "Ballet Twist", my hopes were not high when I started using the shade, "Watermelon Twist". But let me begin this review by saying that I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I judged the range too harshly by assuming that all of the other colors were like "Ballet Twist". I will probably go out in the near future and pick up a few more colors. Then, I can finally be sure of my opinion of the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balms because, right now, I'm a little torn.

CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in "Watermelon Twist"
Unfortunately, like "Ballet Twist", the color in the tube looks significantly different than what the product looks like swatched on the skin. But despite that fact, I ended up loving this product. I was a bit disappointed that this product didn't quite qualify as either a gloss or a blam but once I got past my initial disappointment, I was happy to see that instead it was a lightweight lip product that fit effortlessly into my everyday life. 

CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in "Watermelon Twist"
"Watermelon Twist" is a lovely medium-pink color. It is a great everyday color. Unlike "Ballet Twist", it doesn't make my lips look overly chapped or have the frosty finish that was a little off putting under certain lighting. The lasting power isn't magnificent (three hours max) but it fades evenly and beautifully throughout the day. The color is very subtle, making it wonderful shade for women looking for a "no-makeup
 makeup look.

This is a product that is so easy to apply that reapplication doesn't really feel like a hassle. It's a perfect product to throw in your purse. I know that this shade in particular has been receiving a ton of love on the internet and I can definitely understand why. But as much as I love this particular color, I'm hesitant to give the range a rave review. I will reserve my final judgement until I have tried more colors. But I will say that "Watermelon Twist" is a winner. 

3 comments:

  1. Hmm very pretty, despite it looking a bit different on the lips than in the actual stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! I will hunt it down next time I'm at the drugstore! Thanks for sharing :)
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing these things,
    thus I am going to convey her.

    My web-site; fake oakleys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...