Friday, August 3, 2012

MAC "Lustering" Lipstick Swatch + Review

Another MAC lipstick review. Surprise. Surprise. MAC is my favorite brand for lipsticks. The packaging feels well-made and the range of colors is something that very few brands are able to compete with. I have purchased only a handful of MAC lipsticks in my life and I have never been disappointed. They are a bit pricey--$15 each--but it isn't too terrible for a high-end lipstick considering that some drugstore lipsticks are around nine dollars.

Even though it is hard to tell from the picture above, this lipstick has a beautiful sheen to it. "Lustering" is a beautiful berry color that looks so beautiful on the lips. There is no shimmer--it is actually a pretty natural looking color. I haven't heard much about "Lustering" on the blog-o-sphere or anywhere online. I actually bought it on a whim because my sister pointed it out to me and it was so beautiful when I swatched it on my hand. For the longest time I had a prejudice against lustre lipsticks. MAC lustre eye shadows are so difficult to work with that I just assumed that the lipsticks would be along the same line. I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong. Now the lustre formulations are easily my favorite--possibly tied with cremesheens. Lustres are so moisturizing and easy to work with. The lasting power isn't incredible but it dries and leaves a nice tint to color to the lips. Plus, I love that I don't need to wear a lip gloss. "Lustering" is a hidden gem in the MAC lipstick collection and I would love to see it get the attention it deserves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...