Friday, June 29, 2012

Essie "Mojito Madness" Swatch + Review

two coats, natural light
 
Another NOTD! But summer is the time when I love taking the time to paint my nails all sorts of bright, fun colors. It really is the most relaxing thing to do. Normally I'm not a big fan of green nail polish and other than OPI "Jade is the New Black" and Julep "Courteney", this is my only green shade. But as soon as I saw this color sitting on the stand at Target with all the other colors from the new Essie summer collection I was imediately drawn to it.
    
It is a bright, not-quite-lime color. The only way I know how to describe it is like...a summer version of "Jade is the New Black". It is much lighter and it has a slightly blue undertone to it. Don't get me wrong--this color is very green color and I can't imagine wearing it in the winter months--but there is something so carefree and young about this color that I absolutely love it. I was pleasantly surprised by how opaque the color actually was. I probably could have gotten away with just one coat but I felt better adding a second--just to be sure. The second my sister saw this on my nails she painted hers to match. Twins!
    
Random sidenote: I just went to the Essie website to double check that I spelt "mojito" correctly. Good thing too because for some reason I thought that it was spelled "moquito". But in my defense I'm still two years away from being legally able to drink. So maybe it's not a bad thing that I would come in last place in a spelling bee featuring alcoholic beverages? Probably. What are some other summer polishes that you are LOVING this time of the year?

3 comments:

  1. I love Essie polishes and this one is such a lovely summery colour. I'm liking blues and greens at the moment, they make me feel like I'm on holiday even if I'm stuck in a humid city! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, this is pretty! i love this shade of green, definitely perfect for summer! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Want a summer scarf? Enter to win a $20 ScarvesDotNet Gift Certificate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...